Welcome to The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy
- Meet our Ambassadors
- UH Hilo at a Glance
- About the Big Island for Parents and Visitors
- Financial Aid
- Career Opportunities
- Accreditation and Program Disclosure
Future students can tour DKICP campus, including the mock drug labs where they can get hands on experience working in a pharmacy setting.
- Current Students
- Class Schedules
- Academic Calendar
- Student Involvement Opportunities
- Financial Aid
- DKICP Scholarships
- Student Recreation
Student pharmacists take part in many hands-on experiences, including conducting screenings at the annual health fair.
- Pharm.D. Program
- Experiential Program
- BAPS Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Pre-Pharmacy Program
- M.S. Clinical Psychopharmacology
- Continuing Education
Students in the PharmD program often have opportunities to work with the local schools in community outreach projects.
Dean John Pezzuto (right) greets Hawai`i County Mayor William "Billy" Kenoi, who shows his support at many DKICP events.
- Vulcan Athletics
- Student Recreation
- Student Organizations
- Campus Life
- Living in Hilo
- Campus Webcams
- Glimpses of UH Hilo
The planned permanent building for the College of Pharmacy fits in with the growth plan of UH Hilo. Drawing by WCIT Architecture of Honolulu.
- The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy names Fall 2014 Dean’s List – January 13, 2015
The following students from the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo have been named to the Dean’s List for Fall 2014. The Class of 2015 performed clinical rotations and therefore this designation does not apply.
- College of Pharmacy breaks ground on new home.
Friday, December 12, 2014
After nearly eight years in existence, the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) celebrated a groundbreaking and bilingual blessing on Dec. 12 for a permanent facility on campus. Click here to see the video.
- Governor releases $33 million to construct permanent building for College of Pharmacy
Monday, October 13, 2014
Governor Neil Abercrombie recently released $33 million for construction of a permanent building for the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. The State legislature approved the funding earlier this year.
- Student pharmacists to pledge commitment in White Coat Ceremony Thursday, October 2, 2014
Eighty-three student pharmacists will recite the Oath of a Pharmacist at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy’s (DKICP) White Coat Ceremony in the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center on October 12. The event, which takes place from 2-4 p.m., is open to the public.
- College of Pharmacy health fair returns to Prince Kuhio Plaza Oct. 11 Wednesday, October 1, 2014
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy presents its sixth annual Health Fair on Saturday, October 11 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Prince Kuhio Plaza.
- College of Pharmacy achieves accreditation to offer continuing education for psychologists Monday, September 15, 2014
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) has received approval as sponsor of continuing education (CE) for doctoral-level psychologists from the American Psychological Association (APA) Continuing Education Committee.
- UH BOR approves change of status for College of Pharmacy Monday, August 25, 2014
The University of Hawaiʻi Board of Regents (BOR) approved a change of status from “provisional” to “established” for the PharmD degree offered at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) in a meeting on O`ahu August 21.
- Pharm2Pharm extends pharmacist after-care program to O`ahu Monday, August 18, 2014
Pharmacists on O`ahu are now helping patients at risk of medication-related hospitalization readmissions through Pharm2Pharm, a project from the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo.
- The U.S.-Thai Consortium votes to include UH Hilo’s College of Pharmacy Monday, July 14, 2014
The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo is the newest member of a multinational group working to advance pharmacy education, research, practice, and improve the health and welfare of the people in Thailand.
- Permanent building helps College of Pharmacy receive extended accreditation Monday, July 7, 2014
In a report to the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, the national accreditation body has extended the accreditation of the only pharmacy school in the Pacific region, reversing an earlier noncompliance finding.
- Dean of pharmacy to leave UH Hilo Friday, June 27, 2014
In an announcement made today, John M. Pezzuto, founding dean of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy, will leave the University at the end of this year to assume his new duties as Professor and Dean of the Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences at Long Island University (LIU) located in Brooklyn, NY. Pezzuto became the first dean of the only college of pharmacy in the Pacific region when he left Purdue University in 2006.
- The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy names Spring 2014 Dean’s List Monday, June 16, 2014
The following students from The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo have been named to the Dean’s List for Spring semester 2014.
- Legislature approves funding for UH Hilo pharmacy building Friday, April 25, 2014
State House and Senate budget conferees have reached final agreement on a proposal to fund a building to house the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy.
- Pharmacists join fight against infectious diseases with new program on Kaua'i Friday, March 14, 2014
A collaboration between the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy and Wilcox Hospital has formed Hawai’i’s first interdisciplinary Antimicrobial Stewardship Program (ASP) to help combat infectious diseases on Kaua`i.
- AACP chooses Dean Pezzuto for top research award Tuesday, March 4, 2014
The American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) has selected Dean John M. Pezzuto to receive the Volwiler Research Achievement Award for 2014.
- New Video: Pharm2Pharm initative makes headway throughout rural Hawai'i
- Now Available: Kāwili Lā‘au Volume VII, Issue 1 (Fall 2014) Tuesday, 10/21/2014
- Visit the Kāwili Lāʻau site for back issues.
- Now online: Emergence of the College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaii at Hilo
- Video: Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaii at Hilo