Welcome to The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy
- Meet our Ambassadors
- UH Hilo at a Glance
- Financial Aid
- Career Opportunities
- Accreditation and Program Disclosure
Future students can tour DKICP campus, including the mock drug labs where they can get hands on experience working in a pharmacy setting.
- Current Students
- Class Schedules
- Academic Calendar
- Student Involvement Opportunities
- Financial Aid
- DKICP Scholarships
- Student Recreation
AACP awarded the top spot in student community service awards to DKICP student pharmacists.
Click here to see full story.
- Pharm.D. Program
- Experiential Program
- BAPS Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Pre-Pharmacy Program
- Continuing Education
Students in the PharmD program often have opportunities to work with the local schools in community outreach projects.
Dean John Pezzuto (right) greets Hawai`i County Mayor William "Billy" Kenoi, who shows his support at many DKICP events.
- Vulcan Athletics
- Student Recreation
- Student Organizations
- Campus Life
- Campus Webcams
- Glimpses of UH Hilo
The planned permanent building for the College of Pharmacy fits in with the growth plan of UH Hilo. Drawing by WCIT Architecture of Honolulu.
- The U.S.-Thai Consortium votes to include UH Hilo’s College of Pharmacy Monday, July 14, 2014
The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo is the newest member of a multinational group working to advance pharmacy education, research, practice, and improve the health and welfare of the people in Thailand.
- Permanent building helps College of Pharmacy receive extended accreditation Monday, July 7, 2014
In a report to the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, the national accreditation body has extended the accreditation of the only pharmacy school in the Pacific region, reversing an earlier noncompliance finding.
- Dean of pharmacy to leave UH Hilo Friday, June 27, 2014
In an announcement made today, John M. Pezzuto, founding dean of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy, will leave the University at the end of this year to assume his new duties as Professor and Dean of the Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences at Long Island University (LIU) located in Brooklyn, NY. Pezzuto became the first dean of the only college of pharmacy in the Pacific region when he left Purdue University in 2006.
- The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy names Spring 2014 Dean’s List Monday, June 16, 2014
The following students from The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo have been named to the Dean’s List for Spring semester 2014.
- Legislature approves funding for UH Hilo pharmacy building Friday, April 25, 2014
State House and Senate budget conferees have reached final agreement on a proposal to fund a building to house the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy.
- Pharmacists join fight against infectious diseases with new program on Kaua'i Friday, March 14, 2014
A collaboration between the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy and Wilcox Hospital has formed Hawai’i’s first interdisciplinary Antimicrobial Stewardship Program (ASP) to help combat infectious diseases on Kaua`i.
- AACP chooses Dean Pezzuto for top research award Tuesday, March 4, 2014
The American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) has selected Dean John M. Pezzuto to receive the Volwiler Research Achievement Award for 2014.
- The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy names Fall 2013 Dean’s List – January 6, 2014
The following students from the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo have been named to the Dean’s List for Fall 2013. The Class of 2014 was performing clinical rotations and therefore this designation does not apply.
- UH Hilo/Thai university agreement expands pharmacy research, education – December 17, 2013
A new agreement between the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo and Rangsit University (RSU) in Thailand will allow students and faculty more freedom to exchange ideas and experiences.
- UH Hilo Pharmacy dean honored for accomplishments – November 25, 2013
The dean of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy was recently presented with the “Friends of Pharmacy Award” for 2013 from the Hawaiʻi Pharmacists Association (HPhA).
- Collaboration between local K-12 schools, DKICP benefits budding engineers – October 21, 2013
Sustainable energy teaching materials are being delivered this week to educators in the Hilo-Waiakea Complex to promote STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) learning experiences in classrooms at all grade levels thanks to a contribution from a federally funded program in the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP).
- DKICP continues biomedical research in joint project with UH Manoa – October 15, 2013
Researchers at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) will receive more than $800,000 a year for five years in federal funding that will help strengthen a collaborative research program with UH Manoa.
- Student pharmacists to take oath at DKICP White Coat Ceremony – October 3, 2013
Student pharmacists of the Class of 2017 will recite the “Oath of a Pharmacist” in front of their peers, professors, community and families at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy White Coat Ceremony, to be held on Sunday, October 13 at 3 p.m. in the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. The event is open to the public.
- DKICP invites public to Health Fair Oct 2 – September 30, 2013
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy presents its fifth annual Health Fair on Saturday, October 12 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Prince Kuhio Plaza.
- Pharmacy presents piano concert to aid student health center – September 26, 2013
The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo hopes music will benefit UH Hilo’s Student Health Services at a piano concert beginning at 1 p.m. on Sunday, October 13 at the Performing Arts Center.
- Pharmacy faculty teams with Student Medical Services to help students – September 18, 2013
Students at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo can soon leave Student Medical Services with a prescription filled by a pharmacist for the first time thanks to a collaborative effort from Student Medical Services (a unit in Student Health & Wellness Programs) and faculty from the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP).
- New Video: Pharm2Pharm initative makes headway throughout rural Hawai'i
- Now Available: Kāwili Lā‘au Volume VI, Issue 4 (Summer 2014) Tuesday, 7/29/2014
- Visit the Kāwili Lāʻau site for back issues.
- Now online: Emergence of the College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaii at Hilo
- Video: Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaii at Hilo