Welcome to The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy
- Meet our Ambassadors
- UH Hilo at a Glance
- About the Big Island for Parents and Visitors
- Financial Aid
- Career Opportunities
- Accreditation and Program Disclosure
Future students can tour DKICP campus, including the mock drug labs where they can get hands on experience working in a pharmacy setting.
- Current Students
- Class Schedules
- Academic Calendar
- Student Involvement Opportunities
- Financial Aid
- DKICP Scholarships
- Student Recreation
Student pharmacists take part in many hands-on experiences, including conducting screenings at the annual health fair.
- Pharm.D. Program
- Experiential Program
- BAPS Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Pre-Pharmacy Program
- M.S. Clinical Psychopharmacology
- Continuing Education
Students in the PharmD program often have opportunities to work with the local schools in community outreach projects.
Dean John Pezzuto (right) greets Hawai`i County Mayor William "Billy" Kenoi, who shows his support at many DKICP events.
- Vulcan Athletics
- Student Recreation
- Student Organizations
- Campus Life
- Living in Hilo
- Campus Webcams
- Glimpses of UH Hilo
The planned permanent building for the College of Pharmacy fits in with the growth plan of UH Hilo. Drawing by WCIT Architecture of Honolulu.
- DKICP Founding Dean John Pezzuto to be keynote speaker at 2015 commencement – May 7, 2015
Dr. John Pezzuto, founding dean of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College (DKICP) of Pharmacy, will be the keynote speaker at the University’s spring commencement, to be held on Saturday, May 16 at 9 a.m. at Edith Kanaka`ole Stadium.
- Pharmacy Ph.D. candidate receives Community Spirit Award – May 1, 2015
A Ph.D. candidate at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) has received the University’s second Community Spirit Award.
- Jarvi presents talk on rat lungworm disease April 15 – March 31, 2015
Jarvi’s talk, “Rat Lungworm Disease: Collaborative Efforts to Advance Research and Education,” will provide precautions to take, an update on research and education efforts of the Hawaiʻi Island RWLD Working Group, information on the cost and impact of the disease, and a discussion on the need for collaborative efforts by Federal and State agencies toward research and education.
- DKICP expands exchange programs, pharmacy research and education with two more Thai universities – March 16, 2015
The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo has signed partnerships with two more universities in Thailand that promise to give aspiring pharmacists opportunities to gain international perspectives in their field and provide a mutually beneficial arrangement that can help pharmacy practitioners and researchers advance pharmaceutical knowledge and practice.
- Wong Smith presents “Western Legislative Impacts on Traditional Medical Practice” – March 2, 2015
The presentation discusses the demands for laws which addressed cultural medical practices such as opium, la`au lapa`au, and lomilomi as well as federal recognition of aboriginal medical traditions.
- Student pharmacists aid American Heart Association – February 18, 2015
Student pharmacists from the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) recently collected $1,080 on behalf of the local American Heart Association (AHA) using a “penny wars” fundraiser.
- National board continues full accreditation for College of Pharmacy – February 17, 2015
After a focused, on-site evaluation and separate review by the board of directors of the national agency that regulates pharmacy schools, the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo has been granted continuation of full accreditation.
- Archivist at UH Hilo pharmacy college to serve on national coalition - UH Hilo Stories
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
- UH Hilo pharmacy college offers new course on drug preparation - UH Hilo Stories
Thursday, January 15, 2015
- Susan Jarvi, pharmaceutical sciences: Researches parasite influences on infectious disease - UH Hilo Stories
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
- The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy names Fall 2014 Dean’s List – January 13, 2015
The following students from the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo have been named to the Dean’s List for Fall 2014. The Class of 2015 performed clinical rotations and therefore this designation does not apply.
- College of Pharmacy breaks ground on new home.
Friday, December 12, 2014
After nearly eight years in existence, the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) celebrated a groundbreaking and bilingual blessing on Dec. 12 for a permanent facility on campus. Click here to see the video.
- Governor releases $33 million to construct permanent building for College of Pharmacy
Monday, October 13, 2014
Governor Neil Abercrombie recently released $33 million for construction of a permanent building for the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. The State legislature approved the funding earlier this year.
- Student pharmacists to pledge commitment in White Coat Ceremony Thursday, October 2, 2014
Eighty-three student pharmacists will recite the Oath of a Pharmacist at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy’s (DKICP) White Coat Ceremony in the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center on October 12. The event, which takes place from 2-4 p.m., is open to the public.
- College of Pharmacy health fair returns to Prince Kuhio Plaza Oct. 11 Wednesday, October 1, 2014
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy presents its sixth annual Health Fair on Saturday, October 11 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Prince Kuhio Plaza.
- College of Pharmacy achieves accreditation to offer continuing education for psychologists Monday, September 15, 2014
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) has received approval as sponsor of continuing education (CE) for doctoral-level psychologists from the American Psychological Association (APA) Continuing Education Committee.
- Now Available: Kāwili Lā‘au Volume VII, Issue 3 (Spring 2015) Wednesday, 4/29/2015
- Visit the Kāwili Lāʻau site for back issues.
- Now online: Emergence of the College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaii at Hilo
- Pharm2Pharm provides medication education in hospitals, community
- Student pharmacists receive expanded training on O`ahu
- Founding Dean John Pezzuto talks about winning AACP's Volwiler Research Award, future of DKICP
- UH Hilo College of Pharmacy breaks ground for new facilities
- Pharm2Pharm initative makes headway throughout rural Hawai'i
- Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaii at Hilo
- UH Hilo - Pre-Pharmacy on You Tube