Welcome to The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy
- Meet our Ambassadors
- UH Hilo at a Glance
- About the Big Island
- Financial Aid
- Career Opportunities
- Request Information
- Accreditation and Program Disclosure
Future students can tour DKICP campus, including the mock drug labs where they can get hands on experience working in a pharmacy setting.
- Current Students
- Class Schedules
- Academic Calendar
- Student Involvement Opportunities
- Financial Aid
- DKICP Scholarships
- Student Recreation
Student pharmacists take part in many hands-on experiences, including conducting screenings at the annual health fair.
- Pharm.D. Program
- Experiential Program
- BAPS Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Pre-Pharmacy Program
- M.S. Clinical Psychopharmacology
- Continuing Education
Students in the PharmD program often have opportunities to work with the local schools in community outreach projects.
The Class of 2015 became DKICP alumni on May 16.
- Vulcan Athletics
- Student Recreation
- Student Organizations
- Campus Life
- Living in Hilo
- Campus Webcams
- Glimpses of UH Hilo
The planned permanent building for the College of Pharmacy fits in with the growth plan of UH Hilo. Drawing by WCIT Architecture of Honolulu.
- UH Hilo, Yokohama University of Pharmacy sign exchange agreement – November 4, 2015
The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo has signed a partnership with Japan’s Yokohama University of Pharmacy that will expand the horizons of students in both countries.
- DKICP hosts 7th Annual Health Fair at Prince Kuhio Plaza – October 20, 2015
More than 150 student pharmacists will host education booths, health screenings, and giveaways. There is also live demonstrations, entertainment, a keiki poster contest for elementary and middle school students, and a “brown-bag” station where people are encouraged to bring their non-refrigerated medications for review and consultations with the students, supervised by faculty volunteers who are licensed pharmacists.
- Student pharmacists to pledge commitment in White Coat Ceremony – October 12, 2015
Eighty-two student pharmacists will recite the Oath of a Pharmacist at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy’s (DKICP) White Coat Ceremony in the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center on October 18. See on YouTube.
- Model program expands role of pharmacists in tracking high risk patients – August 20, 2015
The role of pharmacists in Hawaiʻi communities is being redefined in an innovative healthcare program administered by the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo.
- College of Pharmacy names Spring 2015 Dean’s List – May 27, 2015
The following students from the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo have been named to the Dean’s List for the 2015 spring semester.
- UH Hilo recognizes two from DKICP for 2015 awards – May 15, 2015
Special honors were the order of the day as the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo held its 2015 Awards and Recognition Celebration on Thursday, May 14.
- DKICP Founding Dean John Pezzuto to be keynote speaker at 2015 commencement – May 7, 2015
Dr. John Pezzuto, founding dean of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College (DKICP) of Pharmacy, will be the keynote speaker at the University’s spring commencement, to be held on Saturday, May 16 at 9 a.m. at Edith Kanaka`ole Stadium.
- Pharmacy Ph.D. candidate receives Community Spirit Award – May 1, 2015
A Ph.D. candidate at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) has received the University’s second Community Spirit Award.
- Jarvi presents talk on rat lungworm disease April 15 – March 31, 2015
Jarvi’s talk, “Rat Lungworm Disease: Collaborative Efforts to Advance Research and Education,” will provide precautions to take, an update on research and education efforts of the Hawaiʻi Island RWLD Working Group, information on the cost and impact of the disease, and a discussion on the need for collaborative efforts by Federal and State agencies toward research and education.
- DKICP expands exchange programs, pharmacy research and education with two more Thai universities – March 16, 2015
The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo has signed partnerships with two more universities in Thailand that promise to give aspiring pharmacists opportunities to gain international perspectives in their field and provide a mutually beneficial arrangement that can help pharmacy practitioners and researchers advance pharmaceutical knowledge and practice.
- Wong Smith presents “Western Legislative Impacts on Traditional Medical Practice” – March 2, 2015
The presentation discusses the demands for laws which addressed cultural medical practices such as opium, la`au lapa`au, and lomilomi as well as federal recognition of aboriginal medical traditions.
- Student pharmacists aid American Heart Association – February 18, 2015
Student pharmacists from the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) recently collected $1,080 on behalf of the local American Heart Association (AHA) using a “penny wars” fundraiser.
- National board continues full accreditation for College of Pharmacy – February 17, 2015
After a focused, on-site evaluation and separate review by the board of directors of the national agency that regulates pharmacy schools, the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo has been granted continuation of full accreditation.
- Archivist at UH Hilo pharmacy college to serve on national coalition - UH Hilo Stories
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
- Now Available: Kāwili Lā‘au Volume 8, Issue 1 (Fall 2015) Tuesday, 10/6/2015
- Visit the Kāwili Lāʻau site for back issues.
- Now online: Emergence of the College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaii at Hilo
- 2015 White Coat Ceremony
- Pharm2Pharm provides medication education in hospitals, community
- Student pharmacists receive expanded training on O`ahu
- Founding Dean John Pezzuto talks about winning AACP's Volwiler Research Award, future of DKICP
- UH Hilo College of Pharmacy breaks ground for new facilities
- Pharm2Pharm initative makes headway throughout rural Hawai'i
- Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaii at Hilo
- UH Hilo - Pre-Pharmacy on You Tube