Welcome to the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy
- Meet our Ambassadors
- UH Hilo at a Glance
- About the Big Island
- Financial Aid
- Career Opportunities
- Request Information
- Accreditation and Program Disclosure
Future students can tour DKICP campus, including the mock drug labs where they can get hands on experience working in a pharmacy setting.
- Current Students
- Class Schedules
- Academic Calendar
- Student Involvement Opportunities
- Financial Aid
- DKICP Scholarships
- Student Recreation
Student pharmacists take part in many hands-on experiences, including conducting screenings at the annual health fair.
- Pharm.D. Program
- Experiential Program
- BAPS Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Pre-Pharmacy Program
- M.S. Clinical Psychopharmacology
- Continuing Education
Students in the PharmD program often have opportunities to work with the local schools in community outreach projects.
The Class of 2015 became DKICP alumni on May 16.
- Vulcan Athletics
- Student Recreation
- Student Organizations
- Campus Life
- Living in Hilo
- Campus Webcams
- Glimpses of UH Hilo
The planned permanent building for the College of Pharmacy fits in with the growth plan of UH Hilo. Drawing by WCIT Architecture of Honolulu.
- UH Hilo names interim associate dean of College of Pharmacy –
January 29, 2016
After a positive vote from the University of Hawai’i Board of Regents on January 28, Supakit Wongwiwatthananukit will serve as interim associate dean for the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) while the University conducts a nation-wide search to fill the vacant position. Former Associate Dean Edward Fisher announced his departure from UH Hilo in December.
- Science behind medical marijuana at psychopharmacology conference on O`ahu – January 19, 2016
A leading researcher on the science of medical marijuana will speak as part of a conference at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach Hotel, Waikiki on O`ahu February 3-5. Although the conference is targeted toward health care providers, the public is welcome to register.
- College of Pharmacy names Fall 2015 Dean’s List – January 4, 2016
The following students from the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo have been named to the Dean’s List for the 2015 fall semester.
- UH Hilo's Pharmacy's psychopharmacology program gains APA approval – December 18, 2015
The Master of Science in Clinical Psychopharmacology (MSCP) program offered through the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo has been granted American Psychological Association (APA) designation. The designation is valid for three years.
- UH Hilo, Yokohama University of Pharmacy sign exchange agreement – November 4, 2015
The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo has signed a partnership with Japan’s Yokohama University of Pharmacy that will expand the horizons of students in both countries.
- DKICP hosts 7th Annual Health Fair at Prince Kuhio Plaza – October 20, 2015
More than 150 student pharmacists will host education booths, health screenings, and giveaways. There is also live demonstrations, entertainment, a keiki poster contest for elementary and middle school students, and a “brown-bag” station where people are encouraged to bring their non-refrigerated medications for review and consultations with the students, supervised by faculty volunteers who are licensed pharmacists.
- Student pharmacists to pledge commitment in White Coat Ceremony – October 12, 2015
Eighty-two student pharmacists will recite the Oath of a Pharmacist at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy’s (DKICP) White Coat Ceremony in the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center on October 18. See on YouTube.
- Now Available: Kāwili Lā‘au Volume 8, Issue 2 (Winter 2016) Tuesday, 1/5/2016
- Visit the Kāwili Lāʻau site for back issues.
- Now online: Emergence of the College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaii at Hilo
- 2015 White Coat Ceremony
- Pharm2Pharm provides medication education in hospitals, community
- Student pharmacists receive expanded training on O`ahu
- Founding Dean John Pezzuto talks about winning AACP's Volwiler Research Award, future of DKICP
- UH Hilo College of Pharmacy breaks ground for new facilities
- Pharm2Pharm initative makes headway throughout rural Hawai'i
- Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaii at Hilo
- UH Hilo - Pre-Pharmacy on You Tube