Welcome to The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy
- Meet our Ambassadors
- UH Hilo at a Glance
- Financial Aid
- Career Opportunities
- Accreditation and Program Disclosure
Future students can tour DKICP campus, including the mock drug labs where they can get hands on experience working in a pharmacy setting.
- Current Students
- Class Schedules
- Academic Calendar
- Student Involvement Opportunities
- Financial Aid
- DKICP Scholarships
- Student Recreation
AACP awarded the top spot in student community service awards to DKICP student pharmacists.
Click here to see full story.
- Pharm.D. Program
- Experiential Program
- BAPS Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Pre-Pharmacy Program
- Continuing Education
Students in the PharmD program often have opportunities to work with the local schools in community outreach projects.
Dean John Pezzuto (right) greets Hawai`i County Mayor William "Billy" Kenoi, who shows his support at many DKICP events.
- Vulcan Athletics
- Student Recreation
- Student Organizations
- Campus Life
- Campus Webcams
- Glimpses of UH Hilo
The planned permanent building for the College of Pharmacy fits in with the growth plan of UH Hilo. Drawing by WCIT Architecture of Honolulu.
- VIDEO: Governor Neil Abercrombie
Governor Neil Abercrombie pledges support for permanent pharmacy building; says there will be "no excuses"
- AACP chooses Dean Pezzuto for top research award Tuesday, March 4, 2014
The American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) has selected Dean John M. Pezzuto to receive the Volwiler Research Achievement Award for 2014.
- The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy names Fall 2013 Dean’s List – January 6, 2014
The following students from the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo have been named to the Dean’s List for Fall 2013. The Class of 2014 was performing clinical rotations and therefore this designation does not apply.
- UH Hilo/Thai university agreement expands pharmacy research, education – December 17, 2013
A new agreement between the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo and Rangsit University (RSU) in Thailand will allow students and faculty more freedom to exchange ideas and experiences.
- UH Hilo Pharmacy dean honored for accomplishments – November 25, 2013
The dean of the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy was recently presented with the “Friends of Pharmacy Award” for 2013 from the Hawaiʻi Pharmacists Association (HPhA).
- Collaboration between local K-12 schools, DKICP benefits budding engineers – October 21, 2013
Sustainable energy teaching materials are being delivered this week to educators in the Hilo-Waiakea Complex to promote STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) learning experiences in classrooms at all grade levels thanks to a contribution from a federally funded program in the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP).
- DKICP continues biomedical research in joint project with UH Manoa – October 15, 2013
Researchers at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) will receive more than $800,000 a year for five years in federal funding that will help strengthen a collaborative research program with UH Manoa.
- Student pharmacists to take oath at DKICP White Coat Ceremony – October 3, 2013
Student pharmacists of the Class of 2017 will recite the “Oath of a Pharmacist” in front of their peers, professors, community and families at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy White Coat Ceremony, to be held on Sunday, October 13 at 3 p.m. in the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. The event is open to the public.
- DKICP invites public to Health Fair Oct 2 – September 30, 2013
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy presents its fifth annual Health Fair on Saturday, October 12 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Prince Kuhio Plaza.
- Pharmacy presents piano concert to aid student health center – September 26, 2013
The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo hopes music will benefit UH Hilo’s Student Health Services at a piano concert beginning at 1 p.m. on Sunday, October 13 at the Performing Arts Center.
- Pharmacy faculty teams with Student Medical Services to help students – September 18, 2013
Students at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo can soon leave Student Medical Services with a prescription filled by a pharmacist for the first time thanks to a collaborative effort from Student Medical Services (a unit in Student Health & Wellness Programs) and faculty from the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP).
- Pharmacy agreement to aid China, U.S. collaborations – July 31, 2013
Pharmacy students and faculty in China and the U.S. will have more opportunities to work together, thanks to a new agreement signed July 26 at The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo.
- The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy names Spring 2013 Dean’s List – June 3, 2013
These students from The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo have been named to the Dean’s List for the 2013 spring semester
- Student pharmacists visit local elementary school to pass on training Thursday, May 9, 2013
Students from Keaukaha Elementary School in Hilo learned about what pharmacists do and were able to make their own scented lotions at a special visit from DKICP
- College of Pharmacy invests in local health care with contribution to HMC Monday, May 6, 2013
Students, faculty and staff from DKICP teamed up to collect more than $7,000 to support the Hilo Medical Center Foundation Adopt-A-Room Project.
- Pharmacy students visit Hawai`i State Capitol Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Student pharmacists from The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) visited the Hawaiʻi State Capitol April 16 to deliver informational packets to Hawaiʻi’s legislators.
- Pharm2Pharm begins connecting patients with pharmacists on Maui and Kaua`i Friday, April 12, 2013
Consulting pharmacists on Maui and Kaua`i are now helping patients at risk of medication-related hospitalizations and ER visits through Pharm2Pharm.
- Student pharmacists earn national award for Pacific Islander Mobile Screening Clinic Thursday, February 28, 2013
A team of student pharmacists from the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at theUniversity of Hawai'i at Hilo attained the top spot in a national pharmacy organization’s student community service awards.
- UH Hilo College of Pharmacy named after Daniel K. Inouye Thursday, February 21, 2013
The University of Hawai'i at Hilo College of Pharmacy has been named the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy in honor of the late U.S. senator after a vote today by the UH Board of Regents.
- DKICP helps teach elementary children about Rat Lungworm Disease Friday, February 15, 2013
A University of Hawai'i at Hilo College of Pharmacy researcher has developed a fun-filled activity book to teach children about a serious health topic associated with cleaning and cooking vegetables in the tropical Hawaiian environment.
- Now Available: Kāwili Lā‘au Volume VI, Issue 2 (Winter 2013) Thursday, 2/20/2014
- Kāwili Lā‘au Volume VI, Issue 1 (Fall 2013) Friday, 11/08/2013
- Kāwili Lā‘au Volume V, Issue 4 (Summer 2013) Friday, 07/05/2013
- Kāwili Lā‘au Volume V, Issue 3 (Spring 2013) Monday, 04/15/2013
Visit the Kāwili Lāʻau site for back issues.
- Now online: Emergence of the College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaii at Hilo
- New Video: Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaii at Hilo