Free healthcare webinars offered by DKICP student pharmacists
April 6, 2021
A series of webinars on four different healthcare topics will be offered to the public in April and May. They will be developed and presented by students of the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, with the guidance of Dr. Roy Goo, associate professor and Pharmacy Practice Department chair.
All webinars are free to the public but interested participants need to register ahead of time to receive the webinar link. Webinars include:
- Friday, April 9, 2021, 12 noon
- How to select appropriate over-the-counter pain relievers. Tylenol, Motrin and Voltaren are a few of the brand-name pain relievers commonly seen in local pharmacies. When do you need to use them? And which one is right for you?
- Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 12 noon
- Protecting yourself from STI and pregnancy by knowing your rights and options. Sexually Transmitted Infections and Pregnancy Prevention can seem alarming and uncomfortable, but the right knowledge can keep you safe and prepared.
- Thursday, April 15, 2021, 12 noon
- The truth about vaccines. Are vaccines safe? Can they make you sick? There are many questions you might ask when you are considering a vaccine for yourself. DKICP students will provide answers.
- Wednesday, May 12, 12 noon
- Relieving cold symptoms. There is nothing worse than waking up with a cold. When should you treat it and what options are appropriate? Student pharmacists will help to educate you on what’s most effective.
See more news from 2021.