Dr. Nicole Young
Nicole Young, Pharm.D., BCCCP
Associate Professor and Chair
Dr. Nicole Young received her Doctor of Pharmacy degree from The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP), at UH Hilo. She then completed a pharmacy practice residency at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center in Bellingham, Washington and a specialized residency in critical care with the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo and The Queen’s Medical Center. During this time, she developed an interest in both didactic and clinical teaching and inter-professional education, and subsequently joined the DKICP faculty.
Her current practice site is in the Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit at The Queen’s Medical Center. She currently teaches IPPE and APPE rotations and lectures in the areas of critical care and oncology.
- B.A. Microbiology - University of Hawaii at Manoa
- Doctor of Pharmacy - University of Hawaii at Hilo, The Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Practice Residency - PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center
- Critical Care Residency - University of Hawaii at Hilo and The Queen’s Medical Center
- Chu C., Lteif L., Young N. Obesity: The Drug Dose Debate. Hawaii J Med Public Health. 2017;76(6):162-165