This certificate program is designed to give Pharm.D. students a basic foundation in business administration, with a concentration in healthcare leadership. Students who complete this program will have a better understanding of the business aspect of the healthcare industry, particularly in pharmacy practice and the pharmaceutical industry.
This mission of this certificate program is to produce Pharm.D. graduates who are more competitive for a variety of positions in the job market, particularly those involving pharmacy management, leadership, and innovation.
- Describe basic concepts of accounting, financial statements, human resources functions, compensation and incentives, performance management, production and operations, project management, marketing, strategy, organizational culture, corporate social responsibility, and related federal regulations
- Design and track variance from a budget
- Analyze a variety of industries and competitive situations within the context of a global market environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of healthcare systems, legal and ethical issues in pharmacy, pharmacoeconomics, strategic management and leadership
- Integrate the knowledge from previous courses in the certificate program and demonstrate the appropriate use of this knowledge within an unstructured case
- Apply knowledge from previous courses to address a real-world pharmacy leadership issue in an advanced experiential setting
- Must be enrolled in the Pharm.D. program at DKICP and have completed their P1 year.
To apply, please submit a brief letter of interest (one page or less) to email@example.com by September 21, 2020. Letters of interest will be reviewed and selected applicants will be notified of acceptance via email. Accepted students are responsible for working with the program coordinator to ensure an elective APPE site and preceptor. Please feel free to contact Dr. Karen Pellegrin at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.