Student Lounge Printer Instructions - Windows
Xerox 4265 Driver Installation/Printing Instructions for Windows 10
Each DKICP student is allotted 1000 prints and 100 copies per machine, per semester. You must provide your own paper.
- Determine whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit:
- Navigate to the Windows Start Menu on the bottom left corner of the screen, right click and select System. Your Operating System version will appear under “Windows specifications”.
- Go to the Xerox website for the WorkCentre 4265
- Verify that the appropriate Operating system is displayed under the “Operating System” drop down box. For 32-bit versions, only the Operating system name will be displayed (Example Windows 10 = Windows 10 32-bit). Double check this before downloading.
- Scroll down to “PCL6 Driver [32 or 64]-bit - Xerox User Interface - Microsoft Certified” and click on the title, then “Accept” on the next screen.
- Click on “Save” and save the file to the downloads folder. Double click to open the file and click on “Install” to extract the file contents.
- In the “Add Printer” window, select “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname”. In the next window, change the Device type to TCP/IP Device. In the Hostname or IP address field, enter one of the printer IP addresses listed below. Ensure that there is a check mark next to “Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use” then click on Next. Change the printer name to Xerox 17 or Xerox 18. On the next window, select “Do not share this printer” and click on Next. Click on Finish.
- WorkCentre 4265 (Xerox) 184.108.40.206
- WorkCentre 4265 (Xerox) 220.127.116.11
- To add the remaining printer, enter “printer” in the search field and select “Printers & scanners”. Click on “Add a printer or scanner” then select “The printer that I want isn’t listed”. Repeat step 3 to add the remaining printer.
- You can delete the downloaded installation file and Xerox folder. The Xerox folder can be located by opening File Explorer then navigating to This PC -> OS (C:) -> Xerox
When printing, select one of the two printers and enter your UH ID number.