Department of Pharmacy Practice
George Karvas is an instructor of pharmacy practice working out of the Student Services Medical Clinic. Mr. Karvas’ has worked in the retail pharmacy industry for over 20 years and finds his passion in delivering high quality relationally driven patient care.
George was born on the island of Oahu and grew up on the Big Island in the small Hamakua community of Pauka’a and now raises his own family in the small plantation community of Wainaku. George obtained his Bachelor’s of Science in Pharmacy degree from Oregon State University.
On his spare time George enjoys the many forms of shoreline fishing, working in his garden, and spending time with his family.
- Bachelor of Science, Oregon State University College of Pharmacy, Corvallis, OR 1991
- Bachelor of Science, University of Hawaii at Hilo, College of Agriculture, Hilo, HI 1987
Classes and Courses
- PHPP501 Pharmacy Skills Lab
- PHPP520 Pharmacy Law & Ethics
- PHPP523 Wellness
- Preceptor: University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Medical Services Pharmacy
- Faculty Advisor, NCPA National Community Pharmacist’s Association