Department of Pharmacy Practice
Forrest Batz, Pharm.D.
Dr. Batz is a graduate of the University of California, San Francisco School of Pharmacy and completed a clinical pharmacy residency at the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Tucson, AZ. Dr. Batz’s teaching and research interests include the contemporary use of natural medicines, tobacco prevention and cessation, safe drug disposal and enhancing the effectiveness of PharmD curriculum. Dr. Batz is a member of the Hawaii Pharmacists Association, American Pharmacists Association, and American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy.
- Pharm.D., University of California San Francisco School of Pharmacy
- ASHP-accredited Pharmacy Residency, VA Medical Center, Tucson, AZ
- Licensed pharmacist in Arizona, California, Hawaii
- Certified in Tobacco Intervention Skills (Hawaii State Health Department)
- Certified in Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery (American Pharmacists Association)
- Certified in Emergency Contraception (California Pharmacists Foundation)
Classes and Courses
- PHPP 510: Foundation of Integrated Therapeutics and OTC Drugs 2
- PHPP 511: Culture & OTC Drugs 1
- PHPP 520: Pharmacy Law & Ethics
- PHPP 525: Complementary Medicine
- PHPP 544: Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience Academic Rotation
Selected Presentations and/or Publications
- Ma CS, Batz F, Juarez DT, Ladao LC. Drug Take Back in Hawaii: Partnership Between the University of Hawaii at Hilo College of Pharmacy and the Narcotics Enforcement Division. Hawaii J Med Public Health. 2014;73(1):26-31.
- Masri J, Goldsberry J, Kang M, Batz F. Student-Directed Implementation of a Community Health Fair in a Rural Setting (abstract). Hawaii J Med Pub Health. 2013;72(8 Suppl 3):40.
- Batz F, Hwang A, Kaluhiokalani M, Park A. Herbal Medicine Survey of Health Professionals in Hawai‘i (abstract). Hawaii J Med Public Health. 2012;71(6):148.
- Ikeda T, Kamei C, Kouma M. Impact of a Community Medication Take Back Event (abstract). Hawaii J Med Public Health. 2012;71(6):149-50.
- Batz F, Henderson V. Pharmaceutical Disposal- What Pharmacists Need to Know. GreenPharmEdu.org, 2011.
- Gaby AR, Batz F, Chester R, et al. A-Z Guide to Drug-Herb-Vitamin Interactions. 2nd ed. Three Rivers Press; New York, NY, 2006.
- Gaby AR, Wright JV, Batz F, et al. The Natural Pharmacy. 3rd ed. Three Rivers Press; New York, NY, 2006.
- Jellin JM, Gregory P, Batz F, et al. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database, editions 3-13. Therapeutic Research Faculty; Stockton, CA, 2000-2013.
- Jellin JM, Gregory P, Batz F, et al. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database, www.naturaldatabase.com. Therapeutic Research Faculty; Stockton, CA, 1999-2014.
- Jellin JM, Batz F, Hitchens K, et al. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database, editions 1-2. Therapeutic Research Faculty: Stockton, CA, 1999.