Department of Pharmacy Practice
Cherie Chu, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCCCP
Dr. Cherie Chu is a member of the University of Hawaii at Hilo College of Pharmacy inaugural class, who received her Doctor of Pharmacy degree in 2011. She went on to complete a pharmacy practice residency at Banner Baywood Medical Center and Heart Hospital in Mesa, Arizona and then returned to Hawaii to complete a specialized pharmacy residency in critical care from the newly renamed Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy. Her current practice site is in the Intensive Care Unit at Castle Medical Center on Oahu. Dr. Chu’s primary areas of interest are critical care and emergency medicine. She lectures in the areas of nutrition management, critical care and pain management. Cherie holds professional licensure in the States of Hawaii and Arizona.
- Bachelors of Science, Chemistry, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI.
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Hawaii at Hilo College of Pharmacy, Hilo, HI.
- Pharmacy Practice Residency, Banner Baywood Medical Center and Heart Hospital, Mesa, AZ.
- Critical Care Residency, University of Hawaii at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy and The Queen’s Medical Center, Honolulu, HI
Classes and Courses
- Integrated Therapeutics II
- Integrated Therapeutics III
- Integrated Therapeutics IV
- IPPE and APPE (Castle Medical Center)