Department of Pharmacy Practice
Allen Shih, Pharm.D.
Dr. Allen Shih received his doctor of pharmacy from the University of Utah, followed by a PGY1 residency at Multicare Good Samaritan Hospital in Puyallup, WA. He has 7 years of practice experience in the settings of Emergency Medicine and Critical Care. Currently, he practices at Hilo Medical Center in the Intensive Care Unit and also consults with the Hawaii Island Family Practice Residency Program. He lectures in areas of congestive heart failure, arrhythmias and pulmonary diseases and precepts students in the IPPE and APPE programs.
- University of Utah College of Pharmacy, Salt Lake City, Doctor of Pharmacy
- Multicare Good Samaritan Hospital, Puyallup, WA, PGY1 Residency
Classes and Courses
- Integrated Therapeutics I
- Integrated Therapeutics II
- Advance Pharmacy Practice
Selected Presentations and/or Publications
- Shih A, Jackson KC. Role of corticosteroids in palliative care. J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother. 2007;21(4):69-76.