Admission into the UH Hilo DKICP Pre-Pharmacy - Early Admission is very competitive. Applicants must complete the University of Hawaii at Hilo Undergraduate Application. Additionally, applicants must submit the following items directly to DKICP Pre-Pharmacy - Early Admission:
- The UH Hilo DKICP Pre-Pharmacy - Early Admission Checklist Form
- The UH Hilo DKICP Pre-Pharmacy - Early Admission Application Form
- Personal statement
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- For high school students: Official high school (grades 9-11) transcripts, copy of current courses in progress (grade 12), and (if applicable) official college transcripts, and a copy of official SAT scores and/or ACT scores.
- For current college students: copy of official college transcripts. If applicant is attending or has attended a UH system institution, he/she may submit copy of transcript from STAR report.
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo (UH Hilo) the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (DKICP) Pre-Pharmacy - Early Admission is an intensive three-year scholarly program. Students who complete the Pre-Pharmacy - Early Admission curriculum (minimum of 85 credits) over three years while maintaining the desired GPA, submit an Early Decision PharmCAS application, submit a supplemental application, and successfully interview with the DKICP will receive preferred enrollment to the Pharm.D. Program.
All students applying to DKICP Pre-Pharmacy - Early Admission must meet the following requirements:
- Students must be accepted into the UH Hilo and apply to the UH Hilo DKICP Pre-Pharmacy - Early Admission. The deadline for applications for the UH Hilo DKICP Pre-Pharmacy - Early Admission is Friday, May 1, 2020.
- Students must have no more than 30 college credits.
- For high school students: have a minimum high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 or higher, and a minimum combined SAT score of 1280 or minimum ACT composite score of 27.
- For college students: have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Must have expressed interest and commitment to the study of Pharmacy.
- Desirable experiences include: demonstration of achievement in leadership, research, volunteer and/or community service activities with a priority to those related to health.
While in the program, students must:
- Maintain full-time student status at UH Hilo (minimum of 12 credits/semester) for the duration of the Program;
- Meet at least once each semester with Pre-Pharmacy Advisor for mandatory academic advising;
- Earn a grade of C or better in all classes;
- Maintain a 3.25 GPA for each academic year of the program;
- Apply for Early Decision via PharmCAS (early September of application year) and successfully interview with the UH Hilo DKICP PharmD Program;
- Students must spend a minimum of 2 years enrolled in the UH Hilo DKICP Pre-Pharmacy - Early Admission;
- If a student’s GPA for the academic year drops below 3.25 they will be dismissed from the Program. The student may appeal that decision to the UH Hilo DKICP Dean.
Please submit all application materials by:
Friday, May 1, 2020.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line
“UH Hilo Pre-Pharmacy Office”
or mail to:
The University of Hawaii at Hilo
UH Hilo - Early Admission
200 W. Kāwili Street
Hilo, HI 96720