UH Hilo Pre-Pharmacy
Pre-Pharmacy is a preparatory program of study toward admittance into the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy. Completion of the Pre-Pharmacy course curriculum or equivalent is required for admission into the professional curriculum leading to the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.). These requirements may be completed within two-three years of intensive study, after which successful applicants to the Pharm.D. Program, continue their studies for an additional four years, for a minimum of six years of college.
Pre-Pharmacy students may receive the following support:
- Help in assessing student’s interest in the career of pharmacy
- Support and mentorship with course planning and registration
- Individualized advising and support as needed for each student
- Access to a network of other Pre-Pharmacy students through the Pre-Pharmacy Club
- Access to the Pre-Pharmacy Orientation course each Spring semester
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment with the Pre-Pharmacy Advisor, please Contact Us.