UH Hilo Pre-Pharmacy
Pre-Pharmacy is a preparatory program of study toward admittance into the Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy. Completion of the Pre-Pharmacy course curriculum or equivalent is required for admission into the professional curriculum leading to the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.). These requirements may be completed within two-three years of intensive study, after which successful applicants to the Pharm.D. Program, continue their studies for an additional four years, for a minimum of six years of college.
Pre-Pharmacy students may receive the following support:
- Help in assessing student’s interest in the career of pharmacy
- Support and mentorship with course planning and registration
- Individualized advising and support as needed for each student
- Access to a network of other Pre-Pharmacy students through the Pre-Pharmacy Club
- Access to the Pre-Pharmacy Orientation course each Spring semester
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment with an Advisor at the UH Hilo Health Professions Student Center, please Contact Us.