Students earning the Bachelor of Arts in Pharmacy Studies degree (B.A.P.S.) attain broad and thorough knowledge in the liberal arts and basic sciences, as well as specialized education in the field of pharmacy, both didactic and experiential in nature. These students are well positioned to take advantage of numerous educational and career opportunities in diverse areas, including positions in pharmacy, health care, or medicine, or may continue on in research, business, and academia.
The B.A.P.S. degree also acknowledges the achievement of students who complete a minimum of four years of college education, including rigorous course work in the basic and pharmacy sciences, on their path to the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree.
This degree is available only to students currently enrolled in the Pharm.D. program at UH Hilo DKICP.
At the conclusion of the four year Pharm.D. program a graduate will be able to:
- Think critically and solve problems effectively.
- Communicate effectively with patients and other health care providers in all matters related to providing pharmaceutical care.
- Make ethical decisions concerning pharmaceutical care.
- Demonstrate professional and social responsibility.
- Engage in self-directed learning.
- Manage all aspects of pharmacy related activities.
- Promote public health and provide drug information and education to patients and other health care providers.