Master of Science in Clinical Psychopharmacology Program
Director: Dr. Chad Kawakami
Program Consultant: Dr. Judi Steinman
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Daniel K. Inouye College of Pharmacy (UH Hilo-DKICP) offers a two-year educational and experiential program through which students pursue the Master of Science in Clinical Psychopharmacology (MSCP) degree. UH Hilo's DKICP MSCP program prepares the student for professional advancement to become a clinical psychopharmacologist. During the two years (six semesters) at UH Hilo-DKICP, students will complete a total of 33 semester hours of credit (all required). Eligible candidates must have a doctoral degree in clinical psychology and have an active license to practice psychology. Once accepted into the MSCP program, students are required to maintain their professional licensure.
- Program Learning Outcomes
- Program Mission
- Program Objectives
- Program Curriculum
- Frequently Asked Questions
Student Handbook and Course Resources
View or Download the Graduate School Handbook.
View or Download the Graduate School Policies.
View or Download the Course Descriptions.
View or Download the Content Knowledge Areas & Corresponding Courses for PEP.
American Psychological Association (APA) links
- APA Website: APA.org
- For MSCP faculty and students - APA Ethical Principles of Psychologists & Code of Conduct: http://www.apa.org/ethics/code/
- APA Recommended Postdoctoral Education and Training: https://www.apa.org/about/policy/rxp-model-curriculum.pdf
- APA Designation Criteria for Education and Training: https://www.apa.org/education/grad/rxp-designation-criteria.pdf
MSCP in the News
- UH Hilo DKICP MS in Clinical Psychopharmacology program gains APA approval
- Prescribing psychologists would help Hawaii health care - Hawaii News - Honolulu Star-Advertiser
- UH Hilo College of Pharmacy creates program to aid mental health professionals
- MSCP program at DKICP graduates six; Tripler renews contract
- Faculty Briefs Fall 2013
- Faculty Briefs Summer 2015
- Faculty Briefs Fall 2015
How To Contact Us
For additional information, please Contact Dr. Judi Steinman.